Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience. Mountain Vista Medical Center invites adults and high school students to share their time and talent with our visitors, patients and staff. Volunteers are found in every area of the hospital – from administrative offices to patient care areas. Below are some examples of volunteer opportunities at Mountain Vista:
- Administrative/Clerical Support: Weekdays, flexible hours between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Use your general office and Microsoft Office skills to assist in departments throughout the Hospital.
- Book Cart: Shifts available daily from 9 -11 a.m. or 1- 3 p.m. Deliver books and magazines to patient rooms, and refill lobby magazine racks.
- Lobby Reception: Shifts available daily from 8 a.m.-12 p.m., 12-4 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. Greet customers at the Main, Outpatient or Cardiology Entrance. Provide information, directions or an escort to visitor destination; deliver flowers and mail to patients.
- Pastoral Care: Minister to patients, families, and staff. Ordained ministers and chaplains may choose on-call and/or regularly scheduled visits. Lay “Friendly Visitors” serve during scheduled hours.
- Patient Companion: Spend time visiting with patients, reading, playing cards and talking. Provide a friendly, welcoming service for those who may be alone. Flexible two-hour shifts available any day of the week.
- Patient Unit Assistant: Shifts available daily from 8 a.m.-12 p.m., 12-4 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. Refill patient water, refresh room supplies, remove food trays, and provide a variety of services to patients and visitors in Emergency, Medical/Surgical/Orthopaedics, Telemetry, and Women’s Services.
- Special Events: Greet, direct and escort visitors, serve as a booth attendant or assist in a number of other ways at Saturday and weeknight health fairs and marketing events.
- Waiting Rooms Volunteers: Shifts available daily from 8 a.m.-12 p.m., 12-4 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. Greet and escort customers and serve as liaison with staff in Admitting, Cath Lab, Intensive Care, and Surgery.
- Weekend Volunteers: Serve Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.-12 p.m., 12-4 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. Cross-train to fill positions at Main Lobby, ICU Waiting Room and Patient Units.
- Adults age 18+.
- Students in high school, age 16+.
- Recurring Volunteers serve at least one four-hour shift per week for one year.
- Winter Visitors return to volunteer service annually at least two consecutive seasons.
- Acceptance subject to interview, health, drug and background check clearance.
- Retention for voluntary service is solely at the discretion of Mountain Vista staff.
- Health, Drug and Background Screenings paid by Mountain Vista.
- Free Volunteer Uniform Shirts, appreciation activities, volunteer meetings and more!
- Free SeniorAdvantage lifetime membership for ages 55 and up, a $15 value.
- Complimentary meal up to $8 value in our Café per shift worked.
- Discount at GG’s Gift Shop.
- Free Flu Shots when available.
- Free TB Update Test annually.
Volunteer benefits include complimentary meals, Gift Shop discount, free membership in Association of Arizona Healthcare Volunteers, free Annual TB screening, free flu shots when available, free volunteer shirt, free health education seminars, volunteer appreciation programs and much more. Please contact us today to get started.
Mountain Vista Medical Center Auxiliary
As ambassadors of the hospital, the Mountain Vista Medical Center Auxiliary supports and complements patient services by assisting patients, visitors and staff, within the hospital and community, in a welcoming, caring and compassionate manner.
- All hospital volunteers automatically become a part of the Mountain Vista Medical Center Auxiliary.
- Those who do not wish to volunteer within the hospital on a regular schedule may choose to be a community auxiliary member. These volunteers must serve a minimum of twice a year at special Auxiliary events and attend at least two regular meetings, including the annual meeting in March.
- To become a community Auxiliary member, please contact Rene Batson at email@example.com or 480-358-6500 for more information and an application.