Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in American women, but with education and screenings, we can detect breast cancer early, when it is most treatable.
Mountain Vista Medical Center – Mammography
1301 S. Crismon Road • Mesa, AZ
Having a baby can simultaneously be the most exciting and daunting experience of your life. We know because we’ve helped thousands of women in Mesa every step of the way. From high-risk to healthy, and everywhere in between, we’ve seen it all. The Women’s Services staff at Mountain Vista Medical Center is here for you and your whole family – with a resort-quality comfort and feel.
If your doctor recommends hysterectomy, you may be a candidate for da Vinci® Hysterectomy at Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa, AZ. da Vinci® Hysterectomy is one of the most effective, least invasive treatment options for a range of uterine conditions. This procedure is performed using the da Vinci Surgical System, a robot-assisted system that enables surgeons to operate with unmatched precision and control – using only a few small incisions.
Uterine Fibroid Emoblization
Uterine fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) tumors that grow on the inside and/or outside walls of the uterus. Rarely do uterine fibroids become cancerous. Uterine fibroids can range in size from very tiny (a quarter of an inch) to larger than a cantaloupe. Most fibroids don’t cause symptoms — only 10 to 20 percent of women who have fibroids require treatment. Depending on size, location and the number of fibroids, some women may experience:
- Heavy, prolonged menstrual periods, unusual monthly bleeding and clotting.
- Pelvic pain and pressure.
- Pain in the back and legs.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
- Bladder pressure, leading to a frequent urge to urinate.
- Pressure on the bowel, causing constipation and bloating.
Interventional radiologists on the medical staff at Mountain Vista Medical Center can perform safe and effective uterine fibroid embolization, a minimally invasive treatment for fibroid tumors. In this procedure, small particles are injected through a thin, flexible catheter and are guided (using an X-ray or ultrasound) to the fibroid tumor. The small particles block the arteries that provide blood flow, causing the fibroids to shrink.
Many women seek uterine fibroid embolization as a safe alternative to a hysterectomy and may experience faster recovery times, less complications and less scarring.
Therapy Options for Uterine Fibroids
- Visit our da Vinci® Gynecologic Surgery page to learn about minimally invasive, robot-assisted myomectomy. Or, call 1-877-924-WELL (9355)to locate a da Vinci surgeon in Mesa, AZ.
- Click here to learn more about interventional radiology services at Mountain Vista Medical Center, as they pertain to uterine fibroid embolization.