Source: Becker’s Hospital Review
25 latest hospital, health system executive moves
1. Harrisburg, Pa.-based PinnacleHealth President and CEO Michael Young unexpectedly resigned.
2. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pa., named Paul VerValin interim president.
3. Beauregard Memorial Hospital in DeRidder, La., taps William F. Barrow, II to serve as administrator and CEO.
4. Hays (Kan.) Medical Center CEO John Jeter, MD, plans to retire, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
5. Colleton Medical Center in Walterboro, S.C., appointed Jimmy Hiott permanent CEO.
6. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Healthcare named Shannon Connor Phillips, chief patient safety and experience officer.
7. Grangeville, Idaho-based Syringa Hospital and Clinics CEO Joe Cladouhos retired.
8. Toledo, Ohio-based ProMedica named Kent Bishop, MD, chief experience officer, a newly created role.
9. Akron (Ohio) Children’s Hospital named Harun Rashid vice president and CIO.
10. Mesa, Ariz.-based Mountain Vista Medical Center, part of Franklin, Tenn.-based Iasis Healthcare, selected Elizabeth Kearney, BSN, to serve as permanent CNO.
11. Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls appointed Ann Kjosa, BSN, CNO.
12. Manchester, Iowa-based Regional Medical Center CEO Lon Butikofer resigned after the board of trustees discovered that he had submitted “improper travel expense reimbursement.”
13. University Medical Center of El Paso (Texas) selected Cindy Ann Stout, BSN, MSN, DNP, to serve as CNO.
14. Langhorne, Pa.-based St. Mary Medical Center named Lawrence Brilliant, MD, vice president/CMO.
15. Chicago-based Presence Health appointed Robert J. Erickson president of Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center-Joliet (Ill.), effective March 13, 2017.
16. Palms of Pasadena Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla., named Brandy Hershberger, DNP, RN, as CNO.
17. St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood, Calif., named Anil Jain CFO.
18. East Houston Regional Medical Center, a Houston-based Hospital Corporation of America Gulf Coast Division facility, appointed Eric Evans CEO.
19. Baptist Medical Center Attala in Kosciusko, Miss., named Sean Johnson interim CEO.
20. Terre Haute (Ind.) Regional Hospital tapped Nathan Vooys to serve as CEO.
21. Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital in Willits, Calif., appointed Jason Wells president and CEO, effective March 28, 2017.
22. Karen Fordham, president and CEO of Detroit Medical Center’s Huron Valley Sinai Hospital in Commerce, Mich., resigned.
23. Macon, Ga.-based Coliseum Health System selected Elmer Polite to serve as CFO.
24. Brentwood, Tenn.-based Duke LifePoint Healthcare selected Harry R. Phillips, III, MD, to serve as CMO.
25. Akron, Ohio-based Summa Health tapped Cliff Deveny, MD, to serve as interim president and CEO, following the resignation of Thomas Malone, MD, at the end of January 2017.